15 May 2016

Introduction

Hi everyone,

With the new Pokemon Sun and Moon trailer, almost everyone went nuts over it, especially the new starters. And as a Poketrainer, I too was excited and I just couldn't wait for the game's debut in November. The thought of battling again and possibly building a new team excites me, which is why I created this new blog just for it.

But this is not just any Pokemon fan blog, as mentioned in my text header I created this blog because there's actually a lack of Doubles format and Trick Room guides online. Sure, there's Smogon and Nuggetbridge but they really like Singles format which I find boring (just personal preference), but nonetheless they did give me a good start on competitive Pokemon battling. 

Also, I've been doing my own Doubles guide with various Pokemon (mainly for Trick Room) over the three years whenever I was bored in my office. So with this, if you're one of those who are looking for this kind of guide, welcome!

My resume lol

Of course, by all means, I'm nowhere near Pro level but with my Trick Room team; I did reach 1700 rating points before (I dropped a few points at the end of the season, ha) which is considered good according to my Pokemon friend's pretty hardcore. So I'll have to take his word for that haha. 

I also have a personal principle on not relying on any overused Top 12 Pokemon in Doubles format, sure, the harsh truth of being the top Poketrainer is choosing the strongest Pokemon that can win; but that's only the selfish perception of people, I believe truly skilled trainers should try to win with the Pokemon the love best. Besides, it's so boring seeing everyone using the same Pokemon, and there's nothing to be proud of if you know you're gonna win with the strongest Pokemon.

Anyway, I'll try to do my best to write a guide every week. And I also hope that you're not expecting too much because what I'm trying to do is give you some of my insight and first-hand experience of a certain Pokemon faring in a friendly WiFi Doubles format environment, nothing too serious of preparing for VGC nor being the absolute top best, after all, what's the point of gaming if you're not having fun?

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment